Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Specific Safety Considerations when Using Universal Couplings
Universal couplings are essential components in many mechanical systems, and their proper use is critical for the safety of personnel and the integrity of the equipment. Here are some specific safety considerations when using universal couplings:
- Regular Inspections: Perform routine inspections of the universal coupling to check for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Any issues should be addressed promptly to prevent potential accidents.
- Proper Installation: Ensure that the universal coupling is installed correctly and securely. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and torque specifications for tightening bolts, set screws, or clamps.
- Shaft Locking Mechanisms: If the universal coupling uses set screws or clamps to secure the shafts, ensure that these locking mechanisms are adequately tightened and checked periodically to prevent shaft slippage during operation.
- Correct Coupling Selection: Choose the appropriate universal coupling based on the specific application’s torque, speed, and misalignment requirements. Using an undersized coupling can lead to premature failure and safety hazards.
- Misalignment Limits: Stay within the manufacturer’s specified misalignment limits for the universal coupling. Excessive misalignment can lead to increased stress on the coupling and connected components, potentially causing failure.
- Guarding and Enclosure: If the universal coupling is exposed or accessible to personnel, consider installing guarding or enclosures to prevent accidental contact and reduce the risk of injury.
- Training and Awareness: Ensure that personnel working with or around machinery equipped with universal couplings receive proper training and understand the potential hazards associated with these components.
- Maintenance and Lubrication: Follow a regular maintenance schedule and lubricate the universal coupling as recommended by the manufacturer. Proper lubrication reduces friction and wear, contributing to safe and reliable operation.
- Emergency Stop: Equip the machinery with an emergency stop system that allows operators to quickly shut down the equipment in case of an emergency or abnormal condition.
- Consult the Manufacturer: If there are any concerns or questions about the safety aspects of using a universal coupling in a specific application, consult the manufacturer or a qualified engineer for guidance.
By adhering to these safety considerations and implementing proper installation, maintenance, and operational practices, the use of universal couplings can be safer and more effective in power transmission applications.
How do Temperature and Environmental Conditions Affect Universal Coupling Performance?
Temperature and environmental conditions can have a significant impact on the performance of universal couplings in mechanical systems. The materials used in manufacturing the coupling and the operating conditions can influence its durability, flexibility, and overall functionality.
Temperature: Universal couplings are often made from materials such as steel, stainless steel, or aluminum, which have specific temperature ranges they can withstand. Extreme temperatures, whether hot or cold, can affect the mechanical properties of the coupling material. High temperatures may lead to thermal expansion, which can affect the coupling’s fit and alignment. On the other hand, extremely low temperatures can cause the material to become brittle, reducing its flexibility and impact resistance. It is crucial to choose a universal coupling that is suitable for the anticipated temperature range in the application to ensure reliable performance.
Environmental Conditions: Universal couplings used in harsh environments, such as those exposed to moisture, chemicals, dust, or abrasive particles, need to be made from corrosion-resistant and durable materials. Corrosion can degrade the coupling over time, leading to reduced performance and potential failure. Additionally, environmental contaminants can affect the smooth operation of the coupling and cause premature wear. Proper sealing and protective coatings can enhance the coupling’s resistance to environmental factors.
Dynamic Operating Conditions: Some applications may subject the universal coupling to dynamic loads, shocks, or high-speed rotations. In such cases, the coupling’s fatigue strength and torsional stiffness become critical factors. High dynamic loads and shock forces can lead to stress concentration and fatigue failure in the coupling if it is not appropriately designed for such conditions.
Alignment Maintenance: Temperature variations and environmental conditions can cause changes in the alignment of the connected shafts. It is essential to regularly inspect and maintain the alignment of the coupling to prevent excessive wear and ensure optimal performance.
Overall, selecting a universal coupling that is designed to withstand the specific temperature and environmental conditions of the application is crucial for ensuring its longevity and reliable performance in mechanical systems.
What are the Different Types of Universal Couplings Available in the Market?
Universal couplings, also known as universal joints or U-joints, come in various designs to meet the specific needs of different applications. The main types of universal couplings available in the market include:
- Single Universal Joint: This is the most common type of universal coupling and consists of two yokes connected by a cross-shaped intermediate component. It allows for angular misalignment between the two shafts.
- Double Universal Joint: Also known as a double Cardan joint, this type of coupling uses two single universal joints connected end-to-end with an intermediate shaft in between. It is used to minimize the angular variation between the input and output shafts, reducing vibration in certain applications.
- Constant Velocity Joint (CV Joint): A CV joint is a specialized type of universal joint that maintains a constant velocity ratio between the input and output shafts. It is commonly used in automotive drive shafts to provide smooth power transmission even at varying angles.
- Disc Coupling: A disc coupling, also known as a diaphragm coupling, is a type of universal coupling that uses a series of flexible metal discs to transmit torque between the shafts. It provides high torsional stiffness and can accommodate misalignment in multiple directions.
- Flex Joint Coupling: The flex joint coupling is designed to handle large angular misalignments and axial movements. It is commonly used in applications with significant shaft misalignment and torsional flexibility requirements.
The choice of universal coupling type depends on factors such as the required range of motion, misalignment angles, torque capacity, and application-specific requirements. Engineers and designers select the appropriate coupling type based on the specific needs of the mechanical system to ensure reliable and efficient power transmission while accommodating shaft misalignment and angular variation.
editor by CX 2023-08-08