Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Impact of Jaw Coupling on Noise and Vibration in Mechanical Systems
Jaw couplings play a significant role in mitigating noise and vibration levels in mechanical systems. The design and materials of the coupling determine its ability to dampen vibrations and reduce noise. Here’s how a jaw coupling affects noise and vibration in a mechanical system:
- Vibration Dampening: Jaw couplings, especially elastomer jaw couplings, are designed to absorb and dampen vibrations that may occur in the system. The elastomeric spider element in elastomer jaw couplings acts as a cushion, absorbing shocks and vibrations that might result from misalignment, sudden starts, or stops. By absorbing vibrations, jaw couplings help prevent these vibrations from propagating through the system, thus reducing the overall vibration levels.
- Noise Reduction: The vibration dampening properties of jaw couplings also contribute to noise reduction. Vibrations can lead to mechanical noise, which can be particularly pronounced in high-speed applications. By reducing vibrations, jaw couplings help decrease the noise generated during system operation. This is especially beneficial in applications where low noise levels are crucial for the comfort of operators or nearby occupants.
- Misalignment Compensation: Jaw couplings are designed to accommodate a certain degree of misalignment between the shafts they connect. This ability to compensate for misalignment prevents additional forces and stresses from being transferred to the system, reducing the likelihood of generating noise and vibrations due to misalignment.
- Material Selection: The choice of materials in jaw couplings can also influence noise and vibration levels. Elastomer jaw couplings, with their flexible spider element, offer superior vibration dampening compared to rigid metallic jaw couplings. Metallic jaw couplings, while not as effective at vibration dampening, are more rigid and offer higher torque capacity.
Overall, jaw couplings are effective in reducing noise and vibration levels in mechanical systems. The extent of noise and vibration reduction depends on the specific design, material, and the level of misalignment the coupling can accommodate. Properly selected and installed jaw couplings can contribute to a smoother and quieter operation of the entire mechanical system.
Can jaw couplings be used in applications with high shock and impact loads?
Yes, jaw couplings can be used in applications with high shock and impact loads, but their suitability depends on the specific design and construction of the coupling as well as the magnitude and frequency of the shock and impact loads. Jaw couplings are known for their ability to handle certain levels of shock and vibration due to the presence of the elastomer spider, which acts as a damping element to absorb and dissipate vibrations. However, there are some important considerations to take into account when using jaw couplings in high shock and impact load applications:
- Coupling Material: The choice of coupling material is crucial in applications with high shock and impact loads. Couplings made from robust materials, such as steel or alloy, provide better resistance to deformation and can handle higher impact forces compared to couplings made from less sturdy materials.
- Elastomer Spider: The elastomer spider is the central element of the jaw coupling and is responsible for absorbing shocks and vibrations. It is essential to select an elastomer spider with the appropriate hardness and resilience for the specific application. Harder elastomers can withstand higher loads but may transmit more vibration, while softer elastomers offer better shock absorption but have lower torque capacity. Choosing the right elastomer hardness is a trade-off between shock absorption and torque transmission requirements.
- Operating Conditions: Consider the operating conditions, such as the frequency and magnitude of shock and impact loads, when selecting a jaw coupling. For applications with intermittent or occasional shock loads, standard jaw couplings with moderate shock absorption capabilities may suffice. However, for continuous or severe shock loads, specialized high-torque jaw couplings with enhanced shock absorption properties might be more suitable.
- Regular Maintenance: In high shock and impact load applications, it is crucial to perform regular maintenance and inspections to identify any signs of wear, fatigue, or damage to the coupling components. Regular maintenance ensures that the coupling remains in good working condition and minimizes the risk of unexpected failures due to excessive loading.
- Consider Alternative Couplings: While jaw couplings can handle certain levels of shock and impact loads, some applications with exceptionally high loads may require more specialized couplings, such as grid couplings, gear couplings, or disc couplings. These couplings are designed explicitly for heavy-duty applications with high shock and impact loads and can offer superior performance and reliability under such conditions.
In conclusion, jaw couplings can be used in applications with high shock and impact loads, but the specific coupling design, material, elastomer hardness, and operating conditions must be carefully considered. Proper selection, installation, and maintenance of the coupling are essential to ensure reliable performance and longevity in challenging operating environments with significant shock and impact loads.
Use of Jaw Couplings in Various Industries for Power Transmission
Jaw couplings are widely used in different industries for power transmission due to their many advantages, including their ability to handle misalignment, shock loads, and vibrations. Some of the industries that commonly use jaw couplings include:
- Manufacturing: Jaw couplings are extensively used in manufacturing machinery such as conveyors, mixers, and packaging equipment.
- Automotive: In the automotive industry, jaw couplings are employed in various applications, including engine-driven accessories and conveyor systems in assembly lines.
- Agriculture: Farming equipment, such as tractors and harvesting machines, often use jaw couplings to transmit power from the engine to different attachments.
- Material Handling: Jaw couplings are found in material handling equipment like forklifts, cranes, and hoists.
- Water and Wastewater: Pumps and compressors used in water and wastewater treatment plants frequently utilize jaw couplings for power transmission.
- Food and Beverage: Jaw couplings are used in food processing machinery where cleanliness, reliability, and flexibility are essential.
- Textile: Textile manufacturing equipment, such as looms and spinning machines, often use jaw couplings to transmit power from motors to various components.
- Packaging: Packaging machines and equipment benefit from jaw couplings’ ability to absorb shocks and vibrations.
- Printing: Printing presses and related machinery commonly use jaw couplings for their precise power transmission.
These are just a few examples, but jaw couplings are found in numerous other industries where power transmission and motion control are critical aspects of the equipment’s operation. Their ease of installation, maintenance, and high-performance capabilities make them a popular choice for a wide range of applications.
editor by CX 2023-08-15