Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
What are the Common Materials Used in Manufacturing Universal Couplings?
Universal couplings are commonly manufactured using a variety of materials, each chosen based on its mechanical properties, durability, and compatibility with the application. Some of the common materials used in manufacturing universal couplings include:
- Steel: Steel is one of the most widely used materials for universal couplings. It offers excellent strength, durability, and resistance to wear. Carbon steel and alloy steel are commonly used for general-purpose universal couplings.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is chosen for its corrosion resistance and ability to withstand harsh environmental conditions. It is commonly used in applications where the coupling may be exposed to moisture, chemicals, or high temperatures.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is lightweight and has good corrosion resistance. It is often used in applications where weight reduction is essential, such as in the automotive and aerospace industries.
- Cast Iron: Cast iron is known for its high strength and wear resistance. It is commonly used for heavy-duty applications and situations where shock loads may be present.
- Bronze: Bronze is a material chosen for its self-lubricating properties. It is commonly used in applications where lubrication may be limited or difficult.
- Plastics: Some universal couplings use high-strength plastics, such as polyurethane or nylon, for specific applications where non-metallic materials are preferred due to factors like electrical insulation or chemical resistance.
The choice of material depends on factors such as the application’s operating conditions, load requirements, temperature range, and potential exposure to corrosive or abrasive substances. Manufacturers select the appropriate material to ensure that the universal coupling performs reliably and efficiently in its intended environment.
Can a Universal Coupling Reduce Vibration and Noise in Mechanical Systems?
Yes, a universal coupling can help reduce vibration and noise in mechanical systems, especially in applications where misalignment is a concern. Universal couplings are designed to accommodate angular misalignment between shafts, which can arise due to various factors such as manufacturing tolerances, thermal expansion, or dynamic forces.
When shaft misalignment occurs in a mechanical system, it can lead to vibration and noise during operation. This is because misaligned shafts cause uneven distribution of forces and result in increased stresses on bearings, shafts, and other connected components. The resulting vibration and noise can be detrimental to the performance, efficiency, and lifespan of the machinery.
By using a universal coupling, the coupling’s design allows it to compensate for angular misalignment and minimize the transmission of misalignment-induced vibrations to the connected equipment. The flexibility of the universal coupling allows it to handle moderate angular misalignments while transmitting torque smoothly between shafts. This reduces the stresses on the connected components and mitigates the vibration and noise levels.
However, it is important to note that while universal couplings can help reduce vibration and noise caused by angular misalignment, they may not address other sources of vibration and noise in the system. For example, if the vibration is primarily caused by unbalanced rotating parts, worn bearings, or other factors unrelated to misalignment, a universal coupling alone may not be sufficient to eliminate the issue.
Overall, when selecting a universal coupling for a specific application, it is essential to consider the level of misalignment it can handle, the type of vibration and noise issues present, and whether additional measures are required to address other sources of vibration and noise in the mechanical system.
Choosing the Right Universal Coupling for a Specific Application
When selecting a universal coupling for a particular application, several factors need to be considered to ensure optimal performance and reliability:
- Load and Torque Requirements: Determine the maximum load and torque that the coupling will experience during operation. Choose a universal joint that can handle these loads without exceeding its rated capacity.
- Speed: Consider the operating speed of the application as high-speed applications may require different coupling designs to ensure smooth power transmission.
- Shaft Sizes: Measure the diameters of the shafts that need to be connected. The universal coupling should have compatible shaft bores to ensure a proper fit.
- Angular Misalignment: Evaluate the angle between the shafts that the universal joint needs to accommodate. Choose a universal coupling with the appropriate angular misalignment capability to avoid excessive stress on the components.
- Environmental Conditions: Consider the environmental factors such as temperature, humidity, dust, and corrosive agents. Choose a coupling made from materials suitable for the specific conditions to ensure longevity and reliability.
- Space Limitations: Evaluate the available space for the coupling installation. Ensure that the chosen universal joint can fit within the constraints of the system.
- Serviceability: Consider the ease of maintenance and the availability of replacement parts if needed. Opt for a universal coupling that is easy to access and service when required.
- Application Type: Determine the specific application type, such as automotive, industrial machinery, marine, aerospace, etc. Different applications may require unique coupling designs and materials to meet their demands.
- Alignment Frequency: If the system experiences frequent misalignments, consider using constant velocity joints (CV joints) that maintain a constant speed ratio between input and output shafts even at different angles.
By carefully considering these factors and matching the specifications of the universal coupling to the specific application requirements, you can ensure reliable and efficient power transmission and minimize the risk of premature coupling failure.
editor by CX 2023-08-18