|Cushioned Sleeve Bearing Coupling Flexible Coupling NBR Jaw Coupling for Pumps, Motors
|motor, pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors
|black or as Customer’s Request
5mm To 8mm (customized)
|According to Your Requirements
|OEM and ODM Are Also Welcomed
|Customized. Aluminum, Stainless Steel,NR,SBR, NBR, EPDM, MQ, SR etc.
|Available. Trial Sample 7 to 20 days.
These stainless steel shaft couplers allow you to couple 2 size shafts together. They can be used for connecting motor shafts to drive shafts, or 2 different-sized shafts. These shaft couplers have a length of 0.75″, a outer diameter of 0.42″, and couple 1/4″ to 5mm shafts.
Connect this to that with a set-screw coupler. These couplers are made of machined aluminum and have a spiral cut that makes them slightly flexible so they can be fit to 2 shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects.
This coupler will connect a 5mm diameter shaft to an 8mm diameter shaft. A perfect add on for motors. Comes with 2 sets of double set-screws (two per side) for secure attachment. You’ll need a 2mm allen wrench to tighten/loosen the set-screws.
Total Number of Personnel:>350 staffs (as of June.24, 2571)
Total Production scale: >35000 square meters
Head Office: HangZhousun Rubber & Plastic Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Compression Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
Branch Company: HangZhou Mingrui Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Molds, Refined Hardware, Intelligent Automation Equipment, etc.
Branch Company: ZheJiang Yousheng New Material Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Extrusion Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
R&D and Quality Control
HangZhousun’s R&D team has more than 120 staff ,and gathers CZPT and creative experts and professors.
Keeping responsibility in mind, R&D team brings multiple capabilities, supports HangZhousun keep leading at rubber&plastics industry.
R&D team forms strict management system on each project in compliance with latest world scientific standard and requirements.
We strictly emphasize on quality and management control.
Our R&D and production management follows TUV & IS014001 Environmental System.
Beyond these, Our finished products meet approval of ISO9001, IATF16949 & UL quality control system.
HangZhousun can make our products meet standards as customer’s demand like CE, ROHS, REACH, CP65, PAHS, FDA, TSCA,etc.
(IF YOU WANT MORE DETAIL INFORMATION OF OUR COMPANY AND PRODUCTS, WELCOME TO CONTACT AND CHAT WITH US. SHOULD ANY OF OUR ITEMS BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, PLEASE LET US KNOW WITH THE HOPE THAT WE MAY WORK WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE. )
Differences between Elastomer and Metallic Jaw Coupling Designs
Jaw couplings are available in two primary designs: elastomer jaw couplings and metallic jaw couplings. Each design has its own set of characteristics and advantages:
- Elastomer Jaw Couplings: Elastomer jaw couplings, also known as flexible jaw couplings, feature an elastomeric spider element that sits between the two hubs. This spider element is typically made of materials like polyurethane, rubber, or other flexible polymers. The elastomeric material provides the coupling with flexibility, allowing it to compensate for shaft misalignment, angular, parallel, and axial, as well as dampen vibrations and shocks. Elastomer jaw couplings are popular for their ability to protect connected equipment from mechanical stresses and enhance overall system performance. They are commonly used in applications where some misalignment is expected or in systems with shock loads and vibrations. Additionally, elastomer jaw couplings are known for their relatively lower cost compared to metallic designs.
- Metallic Jaw Couplings: Metallic jaw couplings, also known as rigid jaw couplings, are constructed entirely from metal, usually steel or aluminum. Unlike elastomer couplings, metallic jaw couplings do not have an elastomeric spider element and offer a more rigid connection between the two hubs. As a result, they are less forgiving of misalignment and do not provide the same level of vibration dampening as elastomer couplings. However, metallic jaw couplings offer higher torque capacity and are better suited for applications where precise shaft alignment is critical. They are commonly used in systems that require high torque transmission and minimal torsional flexibility. Additionally, metallic jaw couplings are well-suited for environments with high temperatures or exposure to chemicals, as they can withstand harsher conditions compared to elastomer designs.
The choice between elastomer and metallic jaw couplings depends on the specific requirements of the application. If flexibility, misalignment compensation, and vibration dampening are crucial, elastomer jaw couplings are preferred. On the other hand, when high torque transmission, precise alignment, and durability in challenging environments are needed, metallic jaw couplings are the better option.
What are the real-world applications of jaw couplings in various industries?
Jaw couplings find extensive use in various industries due to their versatility, ease of installation, and ability to handle misalignment. Their robust design and flexible elastomer spider make them suitable for a wide range of applications. Here are some real-world applications of jaw couplings in different industries:
- Industrial Machinery: Jaw couplings are commonly used in industrial machinery for power transmission between motors and driven equipment. They are found in conveyor systems, pumps, fans, compressors, mixers, and other rotating equipment. Their ability to compensate for misalignment and dampen vibrations makes them ideal for such applications.
- Agriculture: In agricultural equipment, jaw couplings are employed to transfer power from tractors or other power sources to various implements such as plows, mowers, and harvesters. The couplings’ resistance to shock and impact loads makes them suitable for the rugged conditions encountered in agricultural operations.
- Construction and Mining: Jaw couplings are used in construction and mining machinery to transmit power between engines and equipment like concrete mixers, excavators, rock crushers, and conveyor systems. The couplings’ ability to handle misalignment and shock loads is beneficial in these demanding and dynamic environments.
- Material Handling: Jaw couplings are employed in material handling systems, including automated production lines and warehouse conveyors. They facilitate smooth power transmission in equipment like belt conveyors, bucket elevators, and packaging machines.
- Marine: In the marine industry, jaw couplings are used in propulsion systems to connect engines to propellers and other equipment. Their resistance to corrosion and ability to handle misalignment make them suitable for marine applications in various vessels, including boats and ships.
- Printing and Packaging: Jaw couplings are used in printing and packaging machinery to drive rollers, slitters, and other components. Their precise torque transmission and ability to handle small misalignments contribute to the smooth operation of these machines.
- Automotive: In the automotive sector, jaw couplings are used in various applications, including power steering systems, engine-driven accessories, and HVAC blowers. Their compact design and efficient power transmission characteristics are well-suited for automotive applications.
- Textile: Jaw couplings are used in textile machinery to drive spinning frames, looms, and other textile processing equipment. Their ability to handle misalignment and provide smooth power transmission is vital in maintaining the precision required for textile production.
- Medical Equipment: Jaw couplings are utilized in medical devices and equipment to transfer power between motors and driven components. Their compact size and quiet operation are advantageous for various medical applications.
- Renewable Energy: Jaw couplings are used in renewable energy applications, such as wind turbines and solar tracking systems, to transmit power between the generator and other components. Their ability to handle misalignment is beneficial in these dynamically changing environments.
In summary, jaw couplings have widespread applications across multiple industries due to their ability to handle misalignment, dampen vibrations, and provide efficient power transmission. Their adaptability and reliability make them a popular choice for various mechanical systems in different sectors.
Use of Jaw Couplings in Horizontal and Vertical Shaft Arrangements
Jaw couplings are versatile and can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. Their flexible and misalignment-absorbing design makes them suitable for various applications in different orientations.
Horizontal Shaft Arrangements: In horizontal shaft arrangements, the shafts are positioned parallel to the ground. Jaw couplings are commonly employed in this configuration to connect two shafts, such as those found in motor-driven systems, conveyor belts, and pumps.
Vertical Shaft Arrangements: In vertical shaft arrangements, the shafts are positioned perpendicular to the ground, one above the other. Jaw couplings can also be used in this setup to transmit power between the two vertically aligned shafts. Examples of applications with vertical shaft arrangements include some types of gearboxes, vertical pumps, and certain types of compressors.
It’s important to note that when using jaw couplings in vertical shaft arrangements, the weight of the connected equipment can impose axial loads on the coupling. In such cases, the coupling should be selected to handle both the radial and axial loads to ensure reliable performance.
Whether in horizontal or vertical arrangements, jaw couplings provide a cost-effective and efficient method of power transmission while accommodating misalignment and reducing shock loads. However, it is essential to consider the specific application’s requirements and select the appropriate size and type of jaw coupling for optimal performance and longevity.
editor by CX 2023-08-22