Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Are there Maintenance Requirements for Universal Couplings to Ensure Longevity?
Yes, like any mechanical component, universal couplings require regular maintenance to ensure longevity and optimal performance. Proper maintenance practices can help prevent premature wear, reduce the risk of failure, and extend the service life of the coupling. Here are some essential maintenance requirements for universal couplings:
- Lubrication: Universal couplings consist of moving parts, such as bearings and cross journals, which require proper lubrication. Regularly lubricating the coupling helps reduce friction, wear, and heat generation. The type and amount of lubrication needed depend on the coupling’s design and the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Inspection: Regular visual inspections should be performed to check for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Look for any abnormal vibrations, noise, or leakage. If any issues are detected, they should be addressed promptly to prevent further damage.
- Torque Checks: It is essential to periodically check the torque of the coupling’s fasteners, such as bolts and nuts, to ensure they are properly tightened. Loose fasteners can lead to misalignment and coupling failure.
- Alignment: If the coupling is used in an application where misalignment is common, such as automotive drivetrains, it is crucial to check and adjust the alignment regularly. Proper alignment helps prevent excessive stress on the coupling and other connected components.
- Replacement of Worn Parts: Over time, certain parts of the universal coupling, such as bearings and seals, may wear out and need replacement. Following the manufacturer’s recommended service intervals and using genuine replacement parts is essential to maintain the coupling’s reliability.
It is essential to refer to the manufacturer’s maintenance guidelines and recommendations specific to the universal coupling model and application. Regular maintenance not only ensures the longevity of the coupling but also contributes to the overall efficiency and reliability of the machinery or system in which it is used.
How do you calculate the required size and specifications for a half coupling?
Calculating the required size and specifications for a half coupling involves considering several factors to ensure a proper fit and secure connection. Here are the steps to calculate the required size and specifications:
1. Pipe Size: Determine the size of the pipe that the half coupling will connect to. Pipe sizes are typically specified in inches, and the half coupling size should match the pipe size.
2. Pipe Material: Identify the material of the pipe, such as stainless steel, PVC, carbon steel, brass, copper, etc. The half coupling material should be compatible with the pipe material to prevent corrosion and ensure a reliable connection.
3. Pressure Rating: Determine the maximum operating pressure of the system. The half coupling should have a pressure rating that meets or exceeds the system’s operating pressure to ensure safety and performance.
4. Temperature Rating: Consider the maximum and minimum operating temperatures of the system. The half coupling material and design should be suitable for the temperature range to prevent deformation or failure.
5. Alignment and Misalignment: Evaluate the alignment and potential misalignment between the pipes. Some half couplings are designed to accommodate angular, parallel, or axial misalignment, providing flexibility in installation.
6. End Connection: Determine the type of end connection required for the half coupling, such as threaded, weld-on, or flanged. The end connection should match the corresponding connection on the pipe.
7. Corrosion Resistance: Consider the environment in which the half coupling will be installed. For corrosive environments, select a half coupling material with suitable corrosion resistance.
8. Industry Standards: Ensure that the selected half coupling complies with relevant industry standards and certifications for quality and safety.
9. Manufacturer Guidelines: Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations for selecting the appropriate half coupling size and specifications based on the application requirements.
It is essential to consult with coupling manufacturers, suppliers, or industry experts if you are unsure about the correct size and specifications for the half coupling. Proper sizing and selection will ensure a reliable and efficient connection in the piping system.
Can Universal Couplings Accommodate Misalignment in Shafts and Drives?
Yes, universal couplings are specifically designed to accommodate misalignment between shafts and drives. The unique design of universal couplings allows them to transmit torque and rotation between two shafts that are not in perfect alignment with each other. There are two primary types of misalignment that universal couplings can handle:
- Angular Misalignment: Universal couplings can handle angular misalignment, which occurs when the shafts are not in line with each other and form an angle. The design of the universal joint allows it to bend and flex at different angles, allowing the shafts to stay connected and transmit torque even when they are not perfectly aligned.
- Parallel Misalignment: Universal couplings can also handle parallel misalignment, which occurs when the two shafts are not perfectly parallel to each other. The flexible nature of the universal joint allows it to compensate for small variations in parallel alignment, ensuring that the shafts remain connected and transmit power efficiently.
By accommodating misalignment, universal couplings help to reduce stress on the shafts and other connected components, thus preventing premature wear and failure. They are commonly used in various applications, including automotive drivetrains, industrial machinery, marine propulsion systems, and aerospace equipment, where misalignment is inevitable due to the dynamic nature of the systems.
editor by CX 2023-09-29